Bullseye Online Store FAQs
Welcome to the Bullseye Online Store FAQ section. If you're unable to find the answer to your question below, please give us a call at 888.220.3002 (toll-free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7 AM - 5 PM Pacific) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For product use questions, please see the Product Use FAQ section on our website.
Shopping & Ordering
- Is it best to order online, by phone, or by e-mail?
- If I don't want to order online, how can I order by phone or e-mail?
- Are the products I want to order in stock?
- Will Bullseye cut my glass to a specific size?
- Can I receive orders at multiple addresses?
- Where can I buy Bullseye glass in person?
- What gift options are available?
Payment, Pricing & Discounts
- What currencies does the store support?
- How do I pay for my purchase?
- Do you charge taxes?
- Is buying glass directly from Bullseye cheaper than buying from a dealer?
- Does Bullseye offer volume discounts?
- Can I purchase wholesale?
Shipping & Delivery
- How do you pack the glass so it doesn't break?
- When will I receive my order?
- When will I receive my expedited order?
- Can online purchases be shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, A.P.O. and F.P.O. addresses, and other countries? (¿Se pueden enviar compras hechas a través de esta tienda online a direcciones en Alaska, Canadá, México, Puerto Rico, A.P.O., F.P.O. y otros países?)
- What shipping handlers do you use and how much does shipping cost?
- If my order seems too large for the shipping method offered, can I contact Bullseye to find out if better shipping options are available?
Returns & Damaged Shipments
Privacy, Security & Website
- Is the credit card information I submit secure?
- Will Bullseye sell or rent my personal information to other companies?
- How do I update my account information?
- What is the credit card verification number?
- What Web browser can I use to shop bullseyeglass.com?
- What are Curious glasses?
- What are Special Production glasses?
- What are “Striking” glasses?
- Why are gold-bearing stringer styles packed differently?
- Can I get samples of your glasses?
Help & Learning
- How can I learn about glass art techniques?
- How can I get help if I’m having a technical problem?
- Where can I go for product use questions?
Shopping & Ordering
Is it best to order online, by phone, or by e-mail?
We recommend the following guidelines:
- Order online: If you prefer this method; if you can pay with a major credit card; if your order will ship within the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii; and if the items you wish to order are available through the online store. (Items not available through the online store at this time include full-crate volumes of glass, Curious glass, kilns, and items requiring shipping methods other than UPS.)
- Order by phone or email: If you wish to work directly with a sales associate; if you wish to pay by check; if your order will be shipped outside the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii; if you wish to order items such as kilns or Curious glass that are not currently available for sale through our online store; or if you wish to order full-crate volumes of glass or items that require motor freight shipping or methods other than UPS.
Note: Our online system will automatically determine the shipping method required for your order; it will not allow you to order items that cannot be shipped by UPS.
If I don't want to order online, how can I order by phone or email?
Simply call 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific) or email email@example.com. When emailing, include your name and a daytime phone number so we can call to confirm your order. Do not send your credit card number by email.
Are the products I want to order in stock?
We have immediate access to the largest selection of Bullseye glass in the world. If we do not have your specified glass in stock, we can usually obtain it within 24-48 hours. If we cannot, we can often suggest a close substitute.
Will Bullseye cut my glass to a specific size?
Yes, and we can also ship it to you. Some restrictions apply. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacfic).
Can I receive orders at multiple addresses?
We can ship your orders to as many as four different addresses. However, we cannot divide and ship one order to multiple locations. Each shipment to a particular address must be handled as a separate order.
Where can I buy Bullseye glass in person?
You've got lots of options:
- Search this list of Bullseye dealers to locate one near you.
- Bullseye Resource Center Portland (adjacent to our factory).
- Bullseye Resource Center Bay Area
- Bullseye Resource Center New York
- Bullseye Resource Center Santa Fe
- Or contact us for information at email@example.com or 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific).
What gift options are available?
We sell gift cards and can send gift shipments. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific) to make arrangements.
Payment, Pricing & Discounts
What currencies does the store support?
All price listings and purchases are represented and transacted in United States Dollars.
How do I pay for my purchase?
For online orders, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. For phone and email purchases, we accept checks as well as major credit cards. We must receive checks prior to shipping. We will not ship C.O.D.
Do you charge taxes?
Bullseye does not charge sales tax, except 1) on orders shipped to California, New Mexico, and New York or 2) on orders handled in our stores in those states.
Is buying glass directly from Bullseye cheaper than buying from a dealer?
We'll happily give you a quote to compare with your local dealer's prices. Just contact us and ask for one.
Does Bullseye offer volume discounts?
We offer discounts here in our Online Store, as well as via mail order and through our Bullseye Resource Centers. Discounted items include all sheet glass, billet, frit, rod, stringer, confetti, molds, and items marked with the blue v symbol. Volume discounts vary by location. Visit a Bullseye Resource Center for details about in-store discounts. These are our Online Discounts:
Discounts apply to single orders only, not a combination of orders. Discounts cannot be combined. Your order can include any combination of items (glass, tools, etc.) to qualify for a greater discount, but the discount will only be applied to qualifying items.
If you have questions about volume discounts, email email@example.com or call 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific). Note: Many Bullseye glass dealers offer discount programs, as well. For details about which items are eligible for discounts, download the discount guide.
Shipping & Delivery
How do you pack the glass so it doesn't break?
We have specially designed boxes for shipping sheet glass in most Bullseye sizes. Each box can hold eight 3mm sheets. Large-quantity sheet glass orders are packed in sturdy wooden crates, then banded together or palletized for safe transport. (Crated shipments must be ordered by phone or email.)
When will I receive my order?
Most online orders go out within 24-48 hours of receipt. For UPS Ground shipping, orders will typically arrive in up to six business days (Monday through Friday, not including holidays) for the continental United States. See the map below for approximate transit time to your region.
When will I receive my expedited order?
If Next Day, 2nd Day, or 3rd Day shipping is selected, orders placed before noon Pacific will ship the same day. Orders placed after noon will ship the following business day. UPS does not count Saturdays, Sundays or holidays as transit days. See the examples below for shipment times:
- If an order is received before noon on a Monday, it will ship that day and arrive:
Next Day: Tuesday
2nd Day: Wednesday
3rd Day: Thursday
- If an order is received after noon on a Monday, it will ship on Tuesday and arrive:
Next Day: Wednesday
2nd Day: Thursday
3rd Day: Friday
If you have questions about expedited shipping, call us at 888-220-3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific).
Please note: For security reasons, expedited orders for first-time customers go through a confirmation process. This may cause an initial order to be delayed.
Can online purchases be shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, A.P.O. and F.P.O. addresses, and other countries? (¿Se pueden enviar compras hechas a través de esta tienda online a direcciones en Alaska, Canadá, México, Puerto Rico, A.P.O., F.P.O. y otros países?)
Online purchases can be shipped to Alaska and Hawaii. However, at this time, we do not offer online purchasing to customers in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, or with A.P.O. and F.P.O. addresses. Customers with these addresses should order by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific). Customers in other countries should contact email@example.com
(Compras hechas a través de esta tienda online pueden ser enviadas a Alaska y Hawái pero al momento no ofrecemos servicios de envío a Canadá, México, Puerto Rico o direcciones que sean A.P.O y F.P.O. Clientes con estas direcciones podrán ordenar si nos envían un email a firstname.lastname@example.org o llamándonos al 888.220.3002 (Llamada gratis dentro de los Estados Unidos, Lunes a Viernes, 7-5 hora Pacífico). Clientes en otros países pueden contactarnos a la siguiente dirección email@example.com)
What shipping handlers do you use and how much does shipping cost?
All online purchases and most phone and email purchases are shipped via UPS. Larger glass orders are usually shipped via motor freight. For online purchases, shipping prices are calculated automatically at checkout. For phone and email purchases, our sales associates calculate your shipping costs.
If my order seems too large for the shipping method offered, can I contact Bullseye to find out if better shipping options are available?
Bullseye sales associates are always happy to discuss the best way to ship your order. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.220.3002 (toll free in the U.S., Mon-Fri, 7-5 Pacific).
Returns & Damaged Shipments
What is your policy on returns?
Call us for authorization and instructions before returning merchandise. A credit will be issued for merchandise returned in good condition within 30 days of purchase. Restocking fees may apply.
What is your policy on glass that's broken in shipping?
All merchandise is closely inspected prior to shipping. Damage in transit is the responsibility of the carrier. For details instructions on how to inspect a shipment and what to do if there is damage, download the Receiving Freight guide.
- UPS: If you notice damage to the exterior packaging, note this on the delivery receipt. Save all packaging materials and damaged product and contact us immediately. We will file a claim with UPS on your behalf and replace or credit the damaged materials.
- Motor freight: Inspect all shipments immediately upon receipt. If you notice any damage to the exterior packaging, do not sign the delivery receipt until you have inspected the goods. If you discover damage to the goods, note this on the carrier's delivery receipt, file a claim immediately with the carrier, and notify us.
Privacy, Security & Website
Is the credit card information I submit secure?
Absolutely. Every step of the Bullseye online ordering process that handles credit card information employs Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to secure the channel between your browser and Bullseye, and then further layers of industry-recommended encryption wrap all of the card information packets.
Furthermore we employ the services of online security service providers to conduct regular audits and simulated attacks against our site to insure any potential vulnerabilities are immediately addressed and eliminated.
Will Bullseye sell or rent my personal information to other companies?
Absolutely not. We use the personally identifiable information you provide for internal purposes only. These include confirming and tracking your order, subscription or registration; analyzing trends and statistics; and informing you of our new products, services and offers. We never sell, rent, or in any way provide your information to other companies or marketers.
How do I update my account information?
Just follow the My Account link at the top right of the page, and you’ll be able to login to your Account Dashboard to access administrative features such as editing your addresses, changing your account password, reviewing your wishlist, and reviewing the status of previously placed orders.
What is the credit card verification number?
Also referred to as CVV or CVC, this number printed on your card provides a “card in hand” safeguard when a purchase is made using your credit card. For Visa, MasterCard and Discover Network, it is the last three digits printed on the back of the card. For American Express, it is the four digits printed above the account number on the front of the card. This is not to be confused with the PIN code used at ATMs.
What Web browser can I use to shop bullseyeglass.com?
What are Curious glasses?
The grading system for our handmade glass demands that each sheet match a target color and have a uniform appearance to receive first-quality grade. Glass that is not quite the target color or that has some other irregularity is graded “Curious” and is sold at a discount. Curious glass that is fusible is graded “Fusible-Curious” and is also sold at a discount. Fusible-Curious sheets are held to the same compatibility requirements as first-quality sheets. Our Curious and Fusible-Curious sheets are excellent for one-of-a-kind projects and are a great value for your dollar. Some of these sheets may be found in the Limited section of our online store. A much wider selection is available when you order by phone or email or when you shop at our Resource Center and some regional dealerships.
What are Special Production glasses?
Occasionally we produce limited runs of top grade glass styles that are not included in our regular product line. We refer to these as “Special Production” sheets. Special Production sheets may be one-of-a-kind or available in multiples. They may be fusible or non-fusible. Some Special Production sheets may be found in the Limited section of our online store. Often, a wider selection is available when you order by phone or email or when you shop at our Resource Center and some regional dealerships.
What are “Striking” glasses?
A small number of Bullseye glasses appear pale or colorless in the cold sheet, but “strike” or change dramatically to target color when fired. The images of striking glasses on this site show how colors appear before and after firing. Striking colors can vary, depending on temperature, atmosphere and amount of heatwork. For projects that are especially color-sensitive, we recommend fusing or torchworking a small sample of striking glasses before use to best predict final color results.
Why are gold-bearing stringer styles packed differently?
Tubes of colors made with gold contain fewer stringers, to reduce unit price. For example, a tube of gold-bearing 1 mm Cranberry Pink (001311) contains approximately 87 pieces, while a tube of 2 mm contains approximately 33 pieces.
Can I get samples of your glasses?
Yes. Our popular sample sets for sheet glass, billets, and rods are great resources for any studio. Note that these samples are for color reference only. They are not intended for reheating and may not be fusible.
Help & Learning
How can I learn about glass art techniques?
Bullseye is pleased to provide top-quality educational resources for artists at all levels:
- Our staff instructors produce an exceptional series of online kilnforming lessons to which you may subscribe.
- We publish articles that describe how to work with glass in general and how to fabricate many kinds of glass projects. You can download these from our website for free. You can also purchase the Bullseye Techbook, a compilation of our educational articles in a three-ring binder format.
- We offer short-term classes year round for students at all levels. Our respected teaching studios are attached to the Bullseye glass factory—where many of the materials and methods fundamental to kiln-glass have been developed over the past 30 years in collaboration with artists from around the world. Our courses encourage fine design and craftsmanship and teach new approaches to kilnforming, kilncasting, coldworking, and torchworking. They are led by staff instructors and well-known guest artists. We post new class schedules every four months.
- We provide this worldwide list of teaching studios and educational programs, where you can study glass art techniques.
- We carry a world-class selection of books about kilnforming. Some offer general technical information, while others are method specific. A number of volumes focus on the work of individual artists, and these provide inspiration as well as discussions about technique.
How can I get help if I’m having a technical problem?
If you have kept good project records and are concerned that a problem may be related to glass quality rather than variables in studio technique, our technicians may work with you to research your technical problem. You may email your concerns to email@example.com or send a fax to 503.238.9963. A sales associate will respond to discuss your case and will refer you to a technician, if appropriate.